Sunday, October 19, 2008

This movie scared me!

My wife and I went to the Egyptian Theater in Boise on Sunday evening Oct.19. Being there, at what was called the Ada Theater when I was a kid, reminded me of a Vincent Price movie they showed in 1959, called House on Haunted Hill. Here's a clip from it. Funny now; but pretty scary when I was only 9.

Vincent Price - House On Haunted Hill - Trailer

Somehow black and white seems best for horror stories, although you can't see the color of blood.


We actually went to the Egyptian to see a new film called "Third Term" which critiques John McCain's positions, arguing that he'd give us four more years of Bush-type policies. It's a good expose of a self-proclaimed Maverick who's lost his credibility. This movie really did scare me, thinking about the possibility of a McCain presidency.



No comments: